- Our courses are distributed across each semester. Course registration is open from 1st March (summer semester) or 1st September
- Course registration via LSF https://www.h-ka.de/intern/ (for a more detailed explaination, please check here and read "How do I sign up for courses?")
- Participation is free of charge.
- Allocation of places: 50% of places in courses in English with the course code S (e.g. S 9147) are given to international exchange students. The rest of the places are allocated according to the rules of the Studium Generale courses.
- Seminars with course code IP (e.g. IP 905): These courses are designed to the needs of international exchange students and places are allocated to them as a priority. However, courses are not always fully booked and regular students can apply for places.
- Anyone who is enrolled at the HKA can participate.
- There are seminars with grades and seminars without grades, i.e. BE/NB.
- The exam performance can only be recognized after complete participation in the seminar, but at least 80% of the time.
- The exam will be taken at the end of the seminar or a few days after the seminar and usually does not fall within the official examination period.
- Exam performances are also required if there is no grade for seminars, but the participation is assessed with a "pass" (BE) or "fail" (NB). For more detailed information on exam performance and grading, please refer to the seminar descriptions.
- It is not possible to receive a grade in seminars without a grade.
- You can register for the seminar on the LSF server (https://www.h-ka.de/intern/ ). Your registration is binding! Cancellation in the LSF-Server is possible until one week before the beginning of the seminar. In case of unexcused non-attendance, you will be blocked from attending Studium Generale courses.
- After admission you have to register separately for the exam in "Online-Services:Studierende": (https://www.h-ka.de/intern/ ) .
- Seminars can also be cancelled at short notice if there are cancellations, e.g. if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
The International Program is designed to meet the needs and interests of international exchange students and is held entirely in English. It allows for great flexibility in the selection of individual courses, giving you the opportunity to acquire the number of ECTS credit points required by your home university.
Here you can find more information regarding internships and jobs.