Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences (HKA) seeks to make its website accessible in accordance with Article 10, par. 1 of the Landesbehindertengleichstellungsgesetz (L-BGG, State Equal Opportunities for People with Disabilities Act).
The following declaration on accessibility applies to pages of the domain www.h-ka.de, created with the TYPO3 central content management system.
1. Status of Compliance with the Requirements
The central website is partly in compliance with Article 10, par. 1 of the Landesbehindertengleichstellungsgesetz (L-BGG).
Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences is committed to making its website accessible. Since there are about 200 editors working on HKA’s comprehensive website with roughly 4,000 webpages, the accessibility aspects cannot always be guaranteed nor editorial lapses avoided, despite training courses and documents being offered. If you find any accessibility problems please inform us (for details see entry 4 of this statement).
2. Inaccessible Contents
The following contents and functions are inaccessible for the following reasons:
Non-compliance with Article 10, par. 1 L-BGG
- PDF, Word, Excel, Powerpoint files or other documents embedded in the website for download are currently not available, or only partly available, in an accessible format.
- Alternative texts are partly missing for graphics and objects.
- In some cases, input fields in forms do not convey their purpose.
- The labeling of form elements cannot be determined programmatically in some cases.
- The labeling of form elements is sometimes not clear or available.
- Error detection in forms is sometimes not possible.
- Words and text passages in other languages are not always marked.
- Information is partly not usable without perception of color.
- Faded in contents are partly not usable.
- Contents are partly not usable without mouse.
- It is possible only partially to navigate the website using just a keyboard.
- The keyboard focus is sometimes not clearly highlighted.
- Texts or text elements can sometimes not be enlarged.
- Data tables are sometimes not structured correctly.
- Font graphics are sometimes used.
- The nesting of HTML structures for headings may be partially not correct.
- Syntax errors may occur in the HTML source code.
- For audio files and videos, partly no subtitles, audio description, or alternative text form are available.
3. Preparation of this Accessibility Statement
This declaration was issued on June 23, 2022.
The statements regarding compliance with accessibility requirements in this declaration are based on a self-assessment.
This declaration was last reviewed on June 23, 2022.
4. Feedback and Contact Data
We constantly strive to continuously improve accessibility of our website for persons with disabilities. If you would like to report accessibility problems at our webpages please report them by email to the central online editorial office, pk, or by phone to Press & Communication, @h-ka.de+49 (0)721 925-1004, giving a description of the problem as well as the link to the affected page. Thank you!
5. Enforcement Procedure
If you do not receive any reply of Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences within the period defined in Article 8, cl. 1, L-BGG-DVO, you can contact the Commissioner of the State Government of Baden-Württemberg for the Needs of People with Disabilitieswithin the framework of the ombudsman function described in Article 14, Paragraph 2, cl. 2 L-BGG and Article 15, Paragraph 3, cl. 2 L-BGG.
The Commissioner of the State Government for the Needs of People with Disabilities can be reached as follows:
State Commissioner for the Needs of People with Disabilities Ms. Simone Fischer
Geschäftsstelle der Landes-Behindertenbeauftragten (Office of the State Commissioner for the Needs of People with Disabilities)
Phone: +49 (0) 711 279-3360
You can find out the contact details of the local representative for the needs of people with disabilities responsible for you on the website of the city or district in which you have your permanent residence.
Please note the right of collective regress according to Article 12, par. 1, cl. 1, No. 4, L-BGG.
Further contact details
Please see the page www.h-ka.de/die-hochschule-karlsruhe/organisation-personen/beauftragte for contact details of the following contact persons at HKA:
- HKA Representative for Employees with Disabilities
- Counseling for students with disabilities or chronic illness