What is the Doctoral network ?
The Doctoral Students' Convention is the official administrative body of the doctoral students doing cooperative doctorates at the HKA. This network is intended to support doctoral students in all matters and phases of their research activities and to improve scientific exchange both internationally and within the university. Mutual exchange is an essential part of this. At the same time, the Convention provides an information forum for those interested in doing a doctorate, offering advice on the path to a doctorate and finding partner universities. The doctoral students at the university have been organising themselves in the Doctoral Students' Network (DocNet) since 2008 and in a Doctoral Students' Convention since 2018 in accordance with the Baden-Württemberg State University Act.
What does the Doctoral network do?
The tasks of the Doctoral Convention include in particular:
- strengthening networking among the doctoral students.
- the promotion of knowledge transfer among the doctoral students.
- the representation of doctoral students' interests.
- advising and making recommendations to higher education institutions on issues affecting doctoral students.
- networking with doctoral conventions of other national and international universities.
- Contact person for committees
How can I join?
Interested parties are cordially invited to our regular, informal meetings. If you would like to come to our next meeting or have any other questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Doctoral network spokesperson