The Franco-German University
The Franco-German University (FGU) is an association of member universities from Germany and France, of which HKA has been a member since 2009. With the aim of strengthening cooperation between universities in both countries, the FGU initiates, coordinates, and finances study programs between partner universities in Germany and France. The programs are offered by a network of 208 universities and Grandes Écoles in more than 130 cities in Germany, France, and third countries. Currently, 6,400 students and 300 doctoral students participate in the FGU-sponsored cooperations.
Students of the FGU degree programs complete the integrated bi- or tri-national degree programs together at the participating universities in Germany and France and, in the case of a tri-national degree program, also in the third country. They thus also learn about the culture, language, and academic perspectives of the partner country and can apply this knowledge particularly well in their later jobs.
HKA currently offers four FGU-certified degree programs with five different partner universities in France and Switzerland.
You can find out here more about how the FGU works.
The FGU study programs at Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences are:
- Civil Engineering Tri-national
- German-French study program Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics
- German-French study program Business Administration and Engineering
- German-French study program Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
The FGU partner universities of Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences are:
- INSA Strasbourg
- EPF Ecole d'éngenieurs
- IUT Robert Schuman – Université de Strasbourg
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland