Registering as a student
After you have accepted the study place at HKA you will receive a notification of admission. There remain only two things to do in order to enroll (register as a student) at the university: Pay the semester fees for the winter semester 2021/22 (be sure to include the application number after the G/L account number in the reference). And fill out the application for enrollment at the online portal, print it out, and send it to us by the deadline together with the officially certified university entrance qualification that proves your eligibility to study, and any other outstanding documents, or bring it to us in person. You will find our mailbox in front of building R, at Moltkestraße 30. Our postal address is:
- Steps to take after receiving the admission letter: see the checklist
- Non-EU nationals: Claim to a legal exemption or exemption from the obligation to pay tuition fees (1,500 €): Please fill in the application form and enclose with the application for registration.
- Second course of studies: information form “650 Euro second degree tuition fee” for the assessment of the obligation to pay tuition fees for second degree studies according to § 8 LHGebG: application form (in German language only).
- Info page on tuition fees for international students and fees for second course of studies
- International students can find information about health insurance on our website: Information for international students Also, this article by the AOK public health insurance company might help you deciding about a public or private health insurance.
- Application for refund after return / cancellation of the study place: download the form
- Dormitory places are in great demand in Karlsruhe. The Studierendenwerk Karlsruhe offers students inexpensive dormitory places (around 250 euros warm, incl. internet). Since these are very much sought after and are therefore quickly filled, you should secure a place on the waiting list as soon as possible: Registration for a dormitory place
Do you need support to finance your studies via BAföG? The support according to the Federal Training Assistance Act (Bundesausbildungsförderungsgesetz) is applied for at the Studierendenwerk Karlsruhe. It is advisable to submit a BAföG short application (informal application to meet the deadline) immediately: BAföG short application