If you have already received the Grant Agreement and the start of your internship or study stay is postponed, you can send us the form During the Mobility (PDF) by mail as soon as you have agreed on the new period with your internship site or as soon as it is clear when the new study stay will start.
Please note your date of de-registration indicated in Placement Online/Mobility Online - you must be enrolled for the entire duration of the internship/study.
If you have incurred costs as a result of postponing your stay, please proceed as described under "Failure to commence internship/study". In that case, the costs may be reimbursed to you under certain circumstances. A new application is then necessary for the new period of the internship or study.
Should you have to follow a quarantine obligation upon entry into the destination country, then this period can be financially supported. Please inform us in advance if you need to go into domestic quarantine in the destination country.
If you have to interrupt your internship/study, but remain in the respective destination country and thus continue to have running costs such as rent and electricity, you can still be awarded the full Erasmus grant agreed in the grant agreement.
In this case, the so-called Interruption Days take effect. Please send us, as soon as you start the internship/study again, the completed form (PDF)so that we can recalculate your scholarship.
If you have continuing running costs in the destination country during the interruption (e.g. rent, electricity) you may be awarded the full Erasmus grant agreed in the Grant Agreement.
For this we need a proof that you will not be reimbursed for the costs. You can submit the proof as follows:
- as correspondence (with the landlord, insurance company, etc.) stating that you will not be reimbursed even though you are no longer in the destination country or have not used the service OR
- as a screenshot of FAQs etc. showing that no costs will be reimbursed in your case. For this purpose, you must also submit your signed affidavit
If you would like to extend your stay at the same time, please include the new end date in the same form (PDF) . We will check if an extension is possible, based on your remaining funding quota and your de-registration date.
You want or have to discontinue the internship / studies Then please give us immediately feedback, because in the event of a discontinuation other settlement variants for the scholarship apply. The exact information on this you can also read on this page or ask us directly - by phone or email.
You start locally in the destination country (regardless of whether you work/study locally in presence or virtually): Upon arrival in the destination country you receive the regular grant, regardless of whether you subsequently complete part of your internship/study in the home office or as an online course in the home country.
Please inform us before the start of your internship or study, if you start this virtually, no matter if you start this virtually in your home country or virtually in the destination country - use our form for this. We will then inform you about the further steps.
You start in the home country (in the home office or with online lectures) and continue the study/internship in the destination country (whether in presence or virtually)
For stays abroad that are started in the home country, only the part that takes place in the destination country is funded. It does not matter whether you then continue your mobility in presence or virtually in the destination country.
- For internships: Please note that your internship site must confirm the total period (in a Internship Certificateor on the Traineeship Certificate) as part of the final documents, so that all days and thus the scholarship agreed in the grant agreement can be recognized and paid to you.
- When studying: Please note here that your host university in the Learning Agreement "After the Mobility" must confirm the entire period, so that you can be recognized and paid all days and thus the scholarship agreed in the grant agreement.
You start and end your internship/study abroad in your home country (e.g. by home office or online lectures):
In this case, funding by Erasmus+ is not possible and you must - if a first installment has already been paid out - pay it back. However, if it is unplanned that you have to spend the entire stay in the home country and there are costs in connection with the internship/study incurred, which are not reimbursed to you, you can submit them to us.
In any case, you will receive a daily statement of your scholarship incl. home office or online lecture times. For this we need a written proof of your internship or host university about the actual period of stay.
This proof can take the form of an formless email from the internship site or host university directly to us. Alternatively, a certificate issued by the internship site or host university can be submitted.
If, after your return, there are still current costs in the destination country or incurred costs due to unused services that you cannot be reimbursed even if you ask for them, you may receive your total stipend. This is true even if expenses incurred were reimbursed in the form of a voucher and you prefer a monetary payment.
Please submit the following documents in this case:
- Email indicating the items that have not been reimbursed, e.g. "April monthly rent" (please do not submit receipts)
- Correspondence indicating that you have made an attempt to recover the costs.
- If the correspondence cannot be provided, for example, because the provider(s) only provide information by telephone and refer to the T&Cs or FAQs on their website:
Only the costs that they have not used will be taken into account. For example, we will not reimburse a round-trip flight that you used or the rental for the months that you used on site. However, if you incurred additional costs (e.g., buying an additional return flight because the first one could not be rebooked), we can account for those separately.
For this purpose, you must submit the following receipts to us:
- Completed cost report (xls)
- Directionally numbered receipts (scans will suffice)
- Correspondence indicating that you have made an attempt to recover the costs. (If the correspondence can not be provided, proceed as for "Settlement of current costs."
In this case, we have to reclaim the entire scholarship already paid out. As soon as you receive the reclaim letter from us by mail, we ask you to pay back the amount within one month
If costs have been incurred and you have not been reimbursed OR if you have received reimbursement in the form of a voucher but would prefer a monetary payout, please submit the following documentation to us:
- Completed cost report
- Directionally numbered receipts (scans will suffice)
- Correspondence indicating that you have made an attempt to recover the costs
- If the correspondence cannot be provided because, for example, the provider(s) only provide information by telephone and refer to the T&Cs or FAQs on their website:
If you have not yet received a first installment, we will refund the submitted costs. If the first installment has already been paid out, the costs incurred will be offset against this amount. Please note that a maximum of the scholarship agreed in the grant agreement can be paid out.
If additional costs have been incurred, such as an extraordinary trip to the destination country in connection with the non-arrival (e.g. additional trip due to moving out), you must submit the following documents to us
- Completed cost report
- If traveling by private car, please use the Distance Calculator
- Document numbered (scans are sufficient)
If you have not yet received your first installment, we will refund the submitted costs. If the first installment has already been paid out, the costs incurred will be offset against this amount. Please note that a maximum of the stipend agreed in the grant agreement can be paid out.